How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
We all agree that crispy, smoky bacon is one of life’s greatest delight. Bacon food is easily made by people but do you know how to make a piece of crispy and perfect bacon in the oven.
It’s a time to show how your bacon gives a yummy taste.
Step to make crispy bacon in an oven
Before making it collect all the required ingredients.
– Take, thick-cut bacon 1 pound.
– Rimmed baking sheet(large in size)
– Aluminum foil
– Backing rack( to make bacon crisper)
The process of making:
1. Get the oven to preheat (400°F)
– Put your oven rack in the middle for equal heat distribution.
– Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, don’t avoid to extends foil up to the side of a pan.
– Extended foil makes cleaning easier.
2. An arrangement of bacon strips.
– Strips of bacon connected to foil.
– During the time of backing, it will shrink slightly.
– You can also place the bacon on oven racks.
– At last place it in the oven.
Importance of racks:
If you love to eat extra crispy bacon then keep metal cooling rack inside the baking sheet.
If you want to chew bacon then avoid cooling racks.
3. Baking process
– Lay bacon strips in single layer on sheet.
– Bake it(10 to 20 minutes) depending on thickness.
4. Always keep few things before serve
– Transfer the cooked bacon to paper or towel, so that the extra grease will be absorbed.
– To eat crispy bacon you have to wait, as it cool.
– Try to serve after 30-45 seconds, to eat crispy bacon.
5. How to use bacon after making it.
It happens always, if the quantity of bacon is more and not be finished by you, generally people through it in garbage box.
Being a chef, I suggest you keep bacon in a glass container and store in the fridge. Because you can use it in other food.
- Preheat oven to 400° F, put the rack on a baking sheet, lay bacon in a single layer without touching any slice with one another.
- Bake it for 10-20 minutes.
- Put it on paper to drain and serve.
Why you should select oven over frying?
This question is difficult for me, Out of 10, 4 people definitely ask the same question.
The answer belongs to chef personal experience.
– It takes less time and you can make pounds of bacon at a time.
– The bacon gives crispy taste when cooked in proper heat at 360°.
– The risk of burning and stains reduced at level zero.
– The cleaning process is very easy.
To eat it again preheat the bacon for 15 seconds, after wrapped in paper towel.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Instruction for making Chewy and Crispy bacon
– Oven rack in the center, temp 375°F to 400°F (191°C).
– Line sheet tray with foil.
– Avoid bacon over overlapping.
– 15 minutes roasting process.
– Wait to cooked bacon properly.
– At last transfer bacon to a paper towel.
– Eat before cold.
– Line baking pan with foil, place on top rack of the oven.
– Position the oven rack in the center.
– Place bacon at the baking rack.
– Roast it for 15-20 minutes.
– Transfer to a paper towel to absorb the excess grease.
– Eat just after serve within 3-6 minutes of making.
– You can refrigerate it for one week.
If you are getting late and you want to make breakfast then Bacon cooking is the best option. The cooking time of bacon depends upon the thickness. Try to put 8-9 pieces on pan.
Now, You know the concept of making both types of crispy and chewy bacon. The secrets of Making Bacon is explained to you. So don’t wait just go and enjoy bacon.